Thursday 5 February 2015

EMBRACE CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE WHEN IT KNOCKS AT YOUR DOOR


              At some point in life we seem to get weird, funny, confused, and unapproachable. We may feel we lack people to guide us but from a definite angle, chances are high that we really have these people in our lives but we are the ones who block them instead.
             Happiness was a vocabulary to me, when I look back in my past. Unhealthy relationships, expecting much from people, letting other people make decisions for me on how I’m supposed to go about my life and do things. I was just living like how people wanted me to live and not exactly how I wanted to live or how God wanted me to live. The memories are not good at all but above all I’m so much grateful to God, to my friends like Winnie Gathoni and to my parents. Deep down inside I also know that my late sister contributed to this sudden change in my life.



I started  the year 2015( it may sound like a cliché though, new year, new things) with a new style of going about my daily life, a transformed me, a happy me, an awesome me, a cheerful me, a live laugh and love me, just me all the way. I at times reflect back on my past and wonder why it took me so long to know that life has a funny way of treating human beings not considering the thought that God gave us some super awesome tactics on how to manage the challenging experiences we go through. They may be so harsh to an extent where one get to a point of wondering if you are the only one in the world who was meant to have such kind of experience but it all depends with the human perception.
 It’s always said its better late than never, there is no better way to learn other than through experiences. Not necessarily as an individual but also from other people’s experiences. I’m wondering how I would be looking today or how I would be feeling today If I never took the bold step of treating life and looking at it from a different angle. I look at myself today and I feel proud. The steps that I took may seem mundane but for sure they do carry a lot in them.



1.      Treat yourself like a queen. Many ladies in particular will always say and want their boyfriends to treat them like a queen, you know how. Woe unto any woman who is actually waiting for this. I can call it manna from heaven which only the Israelites were lucky to get. Funny enough, what if you happen to never get a man at all who will do this for you? Will you continue waiting? Forever I suppose. Ladies it’s time we get real with ourselves, we cannot wait for these guys anymore. They are not there therefore, whenever you can at whatever time; treat yourself like a queen with your girlfriends. I’m sure if a guy comes along your way now; he will be scared of you. Simply because you’ve set your standards so high that he himself will find a hard time to figure out how to reach them. And to men, not every lady you meet wants your money. All they want is loyalty and respect which seems to be a vocabulary to many. Treat your woman well and believe you me the moment she walks away to another man’s arms because you never did these, the scenes will not be enjoyable at all.
2.      Accept yourself for who you are. Human beings are funny, not forgetting I’m one though. They will always have opinions about you. Some are never even ashamed to tell you in your face in the presence of a multitude, that your new hairstyle looks awkward, old fashioned. The kind that looks like you were struck by lightning and you know so well by the time you left home you looked so pretty then someone comes and does that to you. Come on, it’s alright to embrace people’s opinion about you, how you go about your life, its  fine you can always listen to them but then you need to accept yourself for who you are, with your skin tone color, your small or big body, the rest doesn’t count. We were all made in God’s beautiful image. If maybe such words coming from a friend, true friend to be specific then sorry girl, you need to do something as soon as you can.



1.      Do away with some negative energy(s) in your life. It could be in terms of relationship or friendship. Holding onto someone or people in your life whom you know so well are negative forces in your life from the word go but you kept yourself stack with them in the name of love and not wanting to lose hope in them.. Till when will you put up with them? And by the way I realized the much more you tolerate these kinds of fellows I swear you will never get done with them. In most cases they never want to leave because they know the benefits they used to get from you will no longer be there. These forces drag you down, completely. You always feel like you owe your life to them. Oh my dear, please pick your bag and go before you realize you really are completely out of your senses. But I could probably say you are out of your senses the moment you continuously let them be part and parcel of your life.
2.      Surround yourself with people who impact your life. Make them your best friends and company. Let  them be the people you associate yourself with day in day out in your life. These are your parents, your friends, your real ones I mean. These people will never watch you go wrong and keep shush. They will tell you facts in your face no matter how hard it will be for you to take in. That is why I’m so much in love with my parents. Not forgetting my friends too. These guys took part in getting me back on my feet. 

1.      Don’t allow stress to occupy your life. Focus mostly on the things that make you happy, that keep you smiling and that make you appreciate the gift of life. Leave alone the sad and painful memories and moments that get you stressed and make you worry. We only live once, accept life as it comes and free your beautiful self from worries.
2.      Never give attention to dis tractors I mean the kind of people who work so hard to weigh down your emotions. They’ll do anything to ensure they interfere with your personal space in one way or another. You don’t need to give them that crown or stoop down to their level. That’s what they want. Silence is the best weapon. If ignorance is allowed, apply it too.


1.      Respect other people for who they are. We can’t keep on judging people because we probably don’t know the circumstances or situations that make them do things their way. Be good to everyone and don’t expect the same back in reference to the kind of society in which we live in today. As they say in Swahili, “Tenda wema nenda zako.”
2.      Lastly, a healthy and open relationship counts a lot, not the one that drags you down. Stay with someone whom you surely know will help you build yourself and not the one who will bring drama and pain in your life. If there’s none to be with at the moment, patience pays. Just wait.

              I can proudly say all these were my pillars to change. If I never considered embracing any of them then I wonder what kind of person I would be today. Proud of whom I am. And I thank God so much for having guided me in this kind of way. And because of him I now LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE.










6 comments:

  1. proud of you mama...keep at it... with you all the way... love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Julie...i've shared a couple of classes and don't know you personally....but I can attest to the fact that you changed in 2015...you became more friendly...for real...hehe the blog is too long though, maybe cut it kidogo...loved it though!

    Sorry for your loss....

    Oh and follow me back on faithcode.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete